One-on-One Preaching Coaching
Just like our online resources, preaching coaching allows you to learn at your own pace, on your own time. Here's how it works:
- Purchase whichever coaching package works for you.
- Your preaching coach will get in touch with you to schedule your coaching meetings. You can put these on a regular schedule, or scatter them around, or even schedule just one at a time as you need them.
- At least 48 hours before your scheduled coaching meeting, send your coach a draft of your homily via email.
- At the scheduled hour, meet your coach in Skype or Google Talk, to discuss your homily. Your coach will have gone over your draft by this point and made notations on it to discuss with you. S/he may make further notations during your meeting, to help guide you once the meeting is over.
- After the meeting, your coach will return the homily draft with notations to you by email.
Ideally, preachers will attend one of our Hands-On Preaching Workshops before signing up for one-on-one coaching. Why? Honestly: In the long run, it's cheaper for you! Workshops give you an "immersive" experience with coaches and really help to drive home what the principles taught in the online resources mean in practice. In a workshop, we spend several days looking at homilies—both your own and other participants'—from the angle of how (and how well) they apply these principles. By the time you leave, you've seen dozens of examples and have a much clearer idea of what those principles look like in (good!) practice. Your one-on-one preaching coaching is then much more efficient and effective, because you are sending better homilies already.
That being said, we understand that not everyone will be able to attend a preaching workshop. That's okay. We don't make the workshops a prerequisite for signing up for coaching. We do, however, require that coaching participants have gone through our entire How2Homily video series, and also have at least some familiarity with our other free online preaching resources—just like we require for our workshops.
Beginning January 2017, coaching packages will be available for purchase here. If, in the meantime, you are desperate to get some one-on-one help, contact us and we'll see what we can do!